We’ve come to the final week of our Disney Cruise recap and it’s bittersweet to say the least! Our Disney Cruise was one of the best vacations we have ever taken as a couple with both of our families. We made incredible memories and took lots of pictures to recap those memories. I’m already trying to plan our next cruise…maybe in a year or two! We only had about 3 full days to enjoy the ship which is clearly NOT enough time to do everything but we did a lot of awesome activities while we were there. So for my final Disney Cruise Recap post, I am sharing 10 things you should do on a Disney Cruise:
- Attend the live performances each night. Disney is known for their incredible entertainment and Disney Cruise line is no different. Try to get to each show every night of your trip. We made it to 2 out of the 3 but loved every minute of them both! There are two performances each night of the same show so you can work it around your dining schedule. If you’re feeling stateroom-bound you can even watch each of the shows on the tvs in your stateroom.
- Try out the Aqua Duck Water Slide. Probably the coolest water slide on any cruise ship, the Aqua Duck shoots you out of a smoke stack and over the side of the boat in a tube made for two. You go around the pool deck on this water slide which is clear so you can see the guests below. Bring your GoPro or waterproof camera and capture the whole thing while you wave and scream throughout the ride!
- Check out the adult entertainment. One of my favorite moments on our cruise was going to one of the nightclubs in The District lounge for Krazy Karaoke and 80s Trivia. There are a few different nightclubs to try out all with their own unique style. If you’re into a quieter jazzy club check out Pink’s Champagne Room. They serve various champagne cocktails as well as champagne on ice. If you want to catch up on some sports games head to 687 Pub. They have various beers on tap as well as board games. How fun!
- Participate in Pirate Night activities. Pirate Night fell on the evening we were leaving Nassau for Castaway Cay. Festivities start at 7:45p with a stage show on the pool deck. They have activities for kids to enjoy like ring tosses and Pirate themed games. We went to dinner then went back out on deck for a Pirates of The Caribbean themed firework show complete with Captain Jack Sparrow. Watching the fireworks over the ocean at night was an incredible experience.
- Go to one of the buffets. Cruise ships are known for their incredible selection of foods. What better way to scope it out then to attend a buffet on board. We check out the Enchanted Garden buffet the afternoon we boarded the ship in Port. All you can eat sandwiches, seafood and more.
- Soak up some sun by one of the many pools on board. Disney has a few different pools on board. There is the family pools which are nestled in front of a video screen where they play movies throughout the day. They also have 2 adult pools: Quiet Cove and the Satellite pool at the front of the boat. Each pool deck offers an ample amount lounge chairs as well as shade.
- See some characters! Just like at the theme parks, Disney Cruise ships have meet and greets with many of the beloved Disney characters. From Mickey and Minnie to Elsa and Anna-character experiences are surreal on the cruise! Grab your cameras and take a selfie with your favorite!
- Take advantage of 24 hour room service. Feeling hungry at 10pm at night? Call up room service! Our room service host was awesome at getting us our waters each day and making sure we had breakfast on time our first day at sea. If you have kids room service also provides snacking items for them.
- Play Disney Team Trivia. There are various games you can do as a family on board the ship throughout your cruise. On our Castaway Cay day, we went back on the boat and headed to Disney Trivia with my mom, husband and Disney-employed brother. We named our team: Gus Gus For The Win and we lived up to our name! We even got plastic medals for winning the game but man was it hard!
- Try something new! For me it was doing the yoga class on Castaway Cay beaches. For my dad it was participating in the Castaway Cay 5K. I captured my yoga session on my GoPro and my dad got a medal and a picture by the boat after completing his 5k. There are so many activities to do on port days. Try something new on your vacation!
As you can see there are so many things you can do on a Disney Cruise to get the most out of your vacation. From buffets and Pirate Parties to nightclubs and Castaway Cay 5ks, Disney Cruise Line has so much to offer their guests on board and in port.
What are your favorite things to do on a cruise? Share them with us!