It’s the end of June which means it’s time to check on my 2016 goal progress! At the beginning of this year I set various goals for different areas of my life that I want to achieve by the end of the year. They are personal goals, blogging goals and health/fitness goals. so far I’ve been doing a pretty good job considering how many goals I made. I’ll admit that I am not perfect and some of these goals have not been achieved or I am clearly not doing enough to achieve them. *Cough, Cough*Waking up early*Cough, Cough* But still, blogging about these goals and their progress is my way of keeping accountability! So here is a follow up on my 2016 goal progress:
- Wake up early-currently failing at this. I am not a morning person and I have never been one! Next month I will be making more of an effort to get into an early routine so I can get used to waking up and doing somethings like yoga and making breakfast before work.
- Set and write down daily affirmations-pass/fail. I try to set affirmations daily even if I don’t write them down.
- Get passport-passed! After 27 years, I finally can travel the world! I also managed to use my passport to go out of the country in April to the Bahamas. 2 birds, one stone. Next year we are planning a trip to Toronto, Canada where my passport will come in handy again!
- Bring lunch to work daily-Passing! I try to make meals each night that provides me with enough leftovers to bring to work each day. I limit my eating out days to one time a week if that. Also I have set a budget for eating out to keep it under $20 per week.
- Journal more-passing for the most part. I don’t journal every day but I do try to journal whenever I have a lot on my mind. Writing is therapy after all.
- Switch to WordPress.org platform-Passed! I made the switch in February and debuted the changes in March. I am so happy that I took the blog to another level.
- New blog design-Passed! Along with my platform switch I also got a new blog design. I wanted a cleaner design, something that was easier to read and view.
- More networking-eh, probably failing. With a full-time job, I find it hard sometimes to keep up with networking. I’m not perfect and I know it takes time to dedicate yourself to networking. But since this is a half way point for my goals, I want to find ways to get better at this.
- Quality over quantity-I am going to be honest and say that I am failing at this. The reason I say that is there is always room for improvement with anything and I feel that my writing/bogging can and will get better.
Health & Fitness Goals
- Develop an at-home yoga practice-passing! I don’t pressure myself to practice if I am not feeling it but I am doing small yoga practices at-home when I don’t have class at the studio. I like this because it allows me to personalize my practice and focus on things I want to work on.
- Eat a better breakfast-passing, most days! I try to have better items in the morning for breakfast like cereal or a bowl of various fruits. I find it puts me in a better mood.
- Wash face daily-failing. Yeah. I only do this every so often…NOT daily.
- Gain some weight-passing! For the first time in a long time I can brag and boast about this! Over the last few months I have been trying to get my weight up with the help of eating better and exercise. I have noticed a difference by 4 lbs! Pretty exciting for a girl who cannot seem to gain any weight!
Where are you at with your goals for this year? Share your progress with us!