Behind every good cook is all the kitchen gadgets it took her to achieve the meal/snack/dessert she intended to make. I never understood this until my bridal shower 2 years ago when my mom got me a food processor and I asked her why. I didn’t register for one but was also a little confused as to whether I would use it or not. Not even a week later I made guac in it. My life was forever changed that day! Kitchen gadgets make life so much easier especially when you are whipping up an epic dinner for family. Here are a few of the kitchen gadgets I can’t live without:
- Food Processor: From homemade guac to pesto, this thing plays a serious role in most of my weekly dinners. If I don’t feel like chopping an onion myself I quarter it and throw it in the food processor. I swear by it now! I have this Cuisinart Food Processor and I love it!
- Good Kitchen Knives: My husband works in food service so he always taught me that you need good kitchen knives around. I love these Cuisinart Advantage Knives. They come with blade protectors so you can properly store your knives.
- Kitchenaid Mixer: It’s not just for baking. Did you know you can also shred chicken in it? Like a champ too! It comes in handy when I make curry chicken salad or when Judd makes his famous chicken salad. Just throw in your chicken breasts and shred away. I have this red Kitchenaid Mixer. I love that they offer multiple colors in their collection.
- Crockpot: Or as I like to call it, crackpot because everything that comes out of is tastes so delicious it’s addicting. I asked for one in college and the only thing I made it in at the time was my BBQ meatballs. Now I make shredded BBQ chicken, enchilada orzo and any type of soup you could want. Best Christmas gift ever! Here’s a Crock Pot I recommend.
- A Decent Can Opener: It took us 3 years to find a decent can opener. We started with cheap ones that would NOT WORK. At one point I had to stab cans for chili with a knife because I was the only one home and I couldn’t figure out how to work the can opener. Now we have a decent one that works like a charm. My heart will break if it ever fails! Here’s one: Faberware Professional Can Opener.
What are your favorite kitchen gadgets? Share them with us!