Like most working professionals dinner is not a top priority during the work week. I usually get home around 6:30-7p after my commute. By the time I get home the last thing I want to do is cook some extravagant meal with lots of fancy features. Over the last year or so I have come up with 5 easy dinners that are quick and easy to make after a long day at work. Most of these meals require some planning ahead but it’s all pretty simple. Here are my 5 Quick & Easy Dinners:
- Chicken/Beef Tacos: This is a go-to recipe for me! All you need is chicken/beef, taco seasoning, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, avocados and tortillas(hard or soft). This is perfect for a night when you need to throw dinner together quickly.
- Miracle Chicken: If you are into Princess House then you have probably heard of their Miracle Chicken recipe. It only requires a whole chicken, grape seed oil, Princess House Miracle Chicken Seasoning and a lemon. I have a giant glass dish that I cook this recipe in and the best part…I make it in my microwave! it only takes about 40 minutes to cook.
- Meatball Subs: When I make my homemade pasta sauce I try to make extra to freeze for this recipe. Meatball subs are easy to make and affordable too! All you need is pasta sauce, frozen meatballs, sub rolls and mozzarella cheese. (You can pick up a jar of pre-made sauce at the store.) Simply cook the meatballs in the sauce then place them into the sub rolls and cover with cheese if you prefer. Bake in the over for about 10 minutes and you have a perfect weeknight meal!
- Brinner or Breakfast For Dinner: When there is nothing left in the house or I just don’t have a clue on what to make I default to Brinner. I always have eggs, bread and pancakes in the house so this is an easy meal to make last-minute. I usually scramble up some eggs, make some homemade french toast and occasionally I will add bacon. I even pair the meal with some orange juice!
- Tilapia: If I am in the mood for fish but don’t want to splurge on salmon, I pick up some tilapia. This is a fish that is easy to make any way. I started off by coating in panko breadcrumbs and backing in the oven. Once it was done I would drizzle a little honey over it. Another way I cook tilapia is in tin foil with grape tomatoes, red onion and olive oil. It’s such an easy recipe and tastes so delicious!
What are your go-to meals during the week? Share with us!