It seems like these days all bloggers are considered lifestyle bloggers. And by lifestyle I mean fashion. When I decided to write a blog I knew that fashion was NOT my strong suit. My love of clothes and shopping is pretty big however I still don’t know how to dress my petite frame. Yes, I admit I’m 28 and don’t know how to dress myself. But aren’t you glad I’m honest! Here are some reasons why I am NOT a fashion blogger.
- Fashion is EXPENSIVE. Some of my favorite bloggers dote Tory Burch boots and Chanel bags. Those items don’t quite fit my H&M budget!
- I don’t want to pretend to be someone I’m not. I am NOT fashionable! I dress for comfort most of the time. V-necks, jeans and my favorite red Converse low-tops. That’s my ideal outfit. Why try to pretend to be a fashionista when I can just be really…really comfortable!
- My body type is super difficult to shop for. This probably comes off like I am complaining but it’s a true fact. Trying to find my size anything is so hard! I have my go-to stores like Banana Republic and H&M for work pants and tops, Target for comfortable tees and shorts and Fabletics for my yoga outfits. Other than that, I rarely find what I need elsewhere. Take J Crew for example. I adore their clothes. But their pants never fit right. (i.e. too short in the length)
- I’d rather buy a nice handbag over expensive clothes any day. Ever since I was in high school, I’ve loved designer handbags. I worked my butt off one summer just to buy my own Coach bag. (It was about the size of my hand!) I love nice handbags. So when I can buy a gorgeous leather Kate Spade bag, I do so!
- Fashion isn’t who I am. I always felt that a blogger should be authentic to his/her own brand. Fashion is not what I am known for. I leave that to the amazing fashion bloggers out there who I admire so much! I’d rather be known for great advice, epic meals, travel adventures and all the personal quirks that make me who I am!
While I love fashion I prefer to leave the fashion advice up to the pros and amazing fashion bloggers out there. Maybe in a few weeks, I’ll share my favorite fashion bloggers with you guys!
**Header photo by Steph Owens Photography**