TGIF! I am so happy it’s Friday and even more excited to share another Friday Five with you. This week marked 6 months since we packed up our lives and moved to South Carolina. It’s crazy to me to think I’ve been already living here for that long! But time flies when you are having adventures! So in an ode to my 6-month anniversary in the great Palmetto State I thought I would share 5 things I love about SC so far.
5 Things I Love About South Carolina
- The Southern Hospitality. I knew moving here that we’d experience this firsthand but it still amazes me each day. From the grocery store to the airport, southern hospitality is prevalent here in South Carolina and I just love it!
- The Colorful Sunsets. One of the first things I noticed after moving here was the gorgeous sunsets each night. Even in the winter the sky was painted with pastel pinks and purples. I found myself staring up each night on my way home from work at the sky before me. Truly beautiful!
- Charleston. Obviously! What is the list without my favorite Southern city…NOT a list! I love being a short trip away from Charleston. From the food to the architecture Charleston is the epitome of Southern Charm. (Also, who watches the show on Bravo? I am hooked!)
- Southern Food for days. It’s hard to resist southern food! Despite its unhealthiness I wouldn’t earn my card as a Southerner if I didn’t indulge in Southern Food every so often. There is nothing quite like shrimp and grits topped with fried green tomatoes. Also, Chicken Bog and Lowcountry boils.
- It Feels Like Home. One of the hardest things I had to do was leave my comfort zone and move away from Florida. But I can honestly say South Carolina has welcomed me with open arms. I get homesick at times but am constantly reminded that the choice I made was for the best. South Carolina feels like home to me.
What are somethings you love about the place you live? Share them with me!