As a blogger, it is important that I stay motivated and constantly inspired. But every once in a while I feel stuck with writer’s block and uninspired to write anything at all. I can sit and stare at my computer in a blank daze and repeat to myself, “Why am I even trying?” If I ever find myself in this state of vagueness I turn to 5 things that can get the wheels of creativity turning again.
Sometimes its hard to sit down and uncover the motivation to write content for this blog. Even the best writers in the world find inspiration lacking at times. Each week I post 3-4 pieces which I write and edit a few weeks in advance. I always try to find new ideas and fresh content for the blog so it’s key that I stay inspired. Here are 5 ways I fuel my brainstorming sessions to create content:
- Make some herbal or green tea. I start off my brainstorming sessions by making myself a hot cup of herbal or green tea. Tea is naturally calming and I find that it puts me in a state of relaxation. If you are a Teavanna user like myself try the Sakura Allure. That is my favorite!
- Play some music. Music can be so inspiring. I like to have it on in the background when I am brainstorming. My go-to brainstorming playlist has anything acoustic.
- Turn off devices/Log out of social media. We are constantly inundated with social media crap that it becomes a bad distraction when it comes time to focus. I like to log out of my social media for even just an hour, turn my phone on silent and tune into my mind and ideas that I have. It helps to keep the distractions to a minimum.
- Open the windows or get outside for a walk. Even if it’s just for a few moments or a long walk, getting outside among nature can really get the creative juices flowing. If I am home with the dog I usually open up all the windows and let some fresh air in.
- Write down any ideas ASAP. If an idea comes to you write it down! Even if it doesn’t make sense or is something you wouldn’t normally write about jot it down any ways. You never know when an idea will turn into a blog post!
If you happen to be doing some brainstorming today try some of these tasks to get your mindset in the right place. You’ll surprise yourself when you get into the groove and the ideas will just flow!
How do you get your brainstorming sessions going? Share with us!