Writing is a pure joy of mine but like any writer I get stuck with writer’s block at times. When it comes to planning my blog posts ahead of time I find that a little inspiration can go a long way. What kinds of inspiration do I need to draft posts in advance? Here are a few things that inspire my posts and blog ideas. Consider this my blogginspiration:
- Reading Magazines & Books- I am always reading. Whether it be a book, magazine or another blog, I find that reading gets the gears turning to brainstorm new pieces for my own blog.
- Magazines: I focus in on article formats, topics and how the authors write each piece.
- Books: I enjoy reading biographies especially about female comedians. They aren’t afraid to get into the details and share their most personal stories. These type of books motivate me to write personal pieces.
- Blogs: I love to reference blogs that are similar to mine. I notice how they format and the pictures they incorporate in each post.
- Listening to podcasts I enjoy good conversations and podcasts are a great way to get ideas for new posts. I love the process of interviewing people and finding out more about them. Here are a few I enjoy listening to:
- The Nerdist Podcast
- WTF with Marc Maron
- Browsing Pinterest- Like every woman out there, I love browsing Pinterest for new ideas. They have pins for everything including blog post ideas. If I feel stuck or cannot seem to brainstorm pen to paper, I get on Pinterest and start searching for pins of things I would like to write about.
What inspires you to write or even create?