It’s that time of the year again! College football is here which means tailgating season is upon us! I’ve been to my fair share of tailgates. From my small university’s basketball homecoming tailgate to Florida Georgia, Jacksonville’s Largest Cocktail Party. Here are a few of my tailgating tips:
- Team Up! Get a group of friends together for your tailgate. Carpool if you can and split the cost of parking(if any.) Parking can be expensive so get your friends to help split the cost.
- Don’t forget the tailgating games. It’s a great way to pass the time before the game or while you wait for food to cook. Speaking of food…
- Bring easily portable foods to serve. From hot dogs and hamburgers to chips and dip, tailgate foods have to be easy to handle and carry around. Plus it should also be delicious!
- Don’t forget to stay hydrated! Tailgating in the south can be extremely hot. I’m talking 90+ degree temps for midday games. Drink plenty of water before and during the game. If you plan on drinking make sure you hydrate even more.
- You can never have too many beer coozies! Seriously they come in handy to keep your beers from sweating in the heat.
- Make friends with your tailgate neighbors even if they are for the other team. At the end of the day football is just a game. Be polite and friendly with each other!
This year I will be tailgating for the Tennessee v. Missouri game up in Knoxville for Judd’s birthday. Being that I am a Gator fan, this is some huge wife points that I will be going to participate in these events. I even promised Judd I would wear a Tennessee shirt as long as there is only a little orange and all black!
What are your tailgating tips? Share them with us!