“Rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens.” These are a few of Julie Andrew’s favorite things from the Sound of Music. It’s the little things in life that bring us joy and happiness. Here are few of my favorite things:
- Good Conversations-I love being able to sit down with someone or a group of people and have a good conversation. Most nights before bed, Judd and I will talk about anything and everything. From the future to where we want to travel next. Good conversations are a part of who we are.
- Home videos- One of the best parts about visiting our families is watching all of the home videos from when we were kids. My mom found a video from my first year which had my great-grandparents in it. They passed away shortly after the video was made. I had chills just watching them and hearing them speak. When Judd and I vacationed to Pennsylvania to visit his aunt and uncle we watched their home movies. It made me feel so much closer to him to see those videos and watch those moments between him and his family.
- Journals- or written time capsules filled with your thoughts and feelings from a moment in time. I started writing in a journal when I was 13 before my big trip to California. I have journals filled from the time I was in middle school to this past year. I love to go back and read each one to relive the memories written on each page.
- Vintage Teacups & Saucers- I adore vintage teacups and saucers! Each time I go to my grandmother’s for afternoon tea she let’s us drink out of her vintage teacups. I have an extensive vintage teacup and saucer collection in a box with my name on it at my parent’s house. One day I will move them into our future house so I can host my own afternoon tea parties.
- Photographs- Not just the digital files on my computer. I am talking real prints. I love physical prints. My parents have boxes filled with prints from the past. It’s always fun to look through them, hold them in my hand and see how the years have aged the color of them. My family always put pictures on the walls of our home and I one day hope to do the same in our future house.
What are some of your favorite things?