2015 has been a great year so far! I’ve been writing non-stop, cooking up a storm and enjoying the first year of marriage with my husband. It is difficult to choose one thing that has happened this year that is the best but I do have one…
Turning 26. I turned 26 years old on January 21st. The night before my birthday I was stressed out to the max. I was about to be four years away from 30 and felt the pressures of mid-twenties start to dawn on me. That particular clock for kids has started ticking and I’m not ready, have I really accomplished enough at this age and where the heck are my twenties going? I was restless that evening thinking about all of these things. The day of my birthday was like any other day: I woke up, went to work, had a lovely lunch with my coworkers and was taken to a romantic birthday dinner by my love which involved good food and great wine. It was the perfect birthday with the exception of my dog chewing up my Macbook cord. ($80 for a new one, happy birthday, Shannon!) I went to bed with a smile on my face but the slight fear of adulthood creeping in. I love my life right where it is. Newly married, gainfully employed and surrounded by people I love who tolerate my many Shanangins. My 26th birthday kick-started my desire to be positive and laugh more. Here are a few things I have learned thus far:
- Make time to do what you love. For me, its writing. I write every single day even if it’s a little.
- Stop assuming. Seriously, no one probably cares so don’t assume what they think.
- Laugh every single day. DO IT!
- Treat each day as if it were the last.
- Keep the amazing people in your life close.
- There is still plenty of time in life but don’t sit around and wait for things to happen, make them happen!
- Kids can wait, enjoy married life for a little while! 🙂
What is the best thing to happen to you this year? Did you get engaged, start a new job or travel to a new country? Share it with us!