I’ve always remembered specific songs in my life with the moments that shaped me forever. Each song connected to a memory, a time in my life. Music has always played a big role in inspiring me. From a childhood filled with dancing to an adulthood filled with milestones, music has always been there to help me remember life’s precious moments. The following songs I hold near and dear as the Soundtrack of My Life.
- Hey Jude by The Beatles- This song was one of my first favorite songs. I would listen to the radio each night for it and when they played it I would sing and dance in my room. For a 6-year-old, The Beatles came out way before my time but their music has always inspired me.
- Hometown Glory by Adele- I bought this song when I was 18 and a few years prior to me moving out of my parent’s home and my hometown. When I moved at 21, this song became my anthem. I wanted to leave so bad but never acknowledged how much I would miss my hometown. This song reminds me to be proud of where I came from and I can always go back to visit!
- Yesterday by The Beatles-I was 18 and had just gotten broken up with. It was late at night and I was a mess. As I turned my car on, Yesterday began to play. It was extremely fitting at the time and for a while after I couldn’t listen to this song without getting upset. Today when I hear this song, it puts a smile on my face and reminds me of one of the most transitional periods in my life.
- Closer To The Heart by Rush- This song has two places in my life. The first is from when I was a kid. My dad would play this song in his Mustang on our way to school. He would drum on the steering wheel and sing. It was the first Rush song I ever learned the words to. Years later, he would walk me down the aisle to a string version of this song. The second is from when Judd and I first began dating. We were driving out to Orlando to go to this Greek restaurant and singing at the top of our lungs to this song. We both enjoyed the same music (to an extent) and this song became our song.
- Thank You by Led Zepplin- Judd and I looked for months for the perfect first dance song. We wanted something we both like and could dance to. When he found this song and played it for me, I knew it was just the song for our First Dance as Husband and Wife. I will never forget our first dance to this song.