January kicks off the new year and the start of all of our resolutions and goals. For the month of January, I am dedicating my weekly feature to mindfulness and meditation. You may be asking yourself why this topic? What is the relevance in relation to myself and my goals?
A few months ago, I read Dan Harris’ book 10% Happier after my mom recommended it. I knew the premise of the book was about Dan’s journey to quieting the chaos in his head and getting into meditation but what led him to meditate really struck me.
He went through a lot in his career and personal life. His journey on his path of meditation and mindfulness wasn’t an easy one. I have been toying with the idea of getting into meditation and becoming more mindful myself. I know it is going to take some time but what better way then to start the first month of the new year! If anything, I know that it will work wonders with my ever-worrying mind.
Benefits of Meditation
- Quiets the mind.
- Helps improve sleep.
- Reduces every day stresses and anxiety.
- Creates a positive sense of self.
- Controls emotions especially anger.
- Boosts immune system.
I am looking to do a few things with meditation and mindfulness in my life. Here are a few thins I am looking to achieve with meditation and mindfulness:
- A more positive and mindful outlook on life.
- Control over stress and anxiety.
- Better sleep and the ability to control and quiet the mind while falling asleep.
- An overall healthier lifestyle.