Rabbit, Rabbit readers! Can you believe it’s already March? Last month I set out to revamp and revise Some Shananagins to make it bigger and better than before. Well, here we are! What do you think?! I am quite pleased with myself and the progress I have made with this blog renovation. It was a two-week process and I managed to get through it unscathed. It was a little overwhelming in the beginning but once I got past the self-hosting process the rest was smooth sailing.
I originally wanted to migrate everything over myself. So I dedicated a day off from work to do so. After about two hours of grumbling over my computer, I decided it was time to reach out to someone who could help. While I was researching the process I came across WPBeginner.com. Their site offers tutorial videos and resources for bloggers who are ready to take the next step. I noticed that they offered free migration services which is what I was looking for. I reached out and the rest was history!
It took about 24 hours to get the site self-hosted and the WP Beginner employee I worked with was very helpful and answered all of my questions. My next goal was to go back through my old blog posts and set up SEO. That was a long process but once it was done I felt great about it! The final step in this blog renovation was to get another site design. I wanted something classic, minimal but bright with color. When I found this design I was sold! I applied it and couldn’t wait to share it with you guys.
So what can you expect from me?
- Sunday Lately Posts-being a part of Blogger Tribe Facebook group allows me to participate in Sunday Lately posts. Each Sunday I share things I have been up to lately based on the scheduled themes.
- Recipe Reviews/Sharing Recipe Love– who doesn’t love recipe reviews? I will continue to share recipe reviews and my favorite recipes each week with you all because I still LOVE cooking!
- Monthly Book Reviews-In my quest of 2016 in Books I will still continue to post book reviews each month. In fact, I have a new one coming out later this week.
- Shananagrams-fun quirky posts featuring 4 Instagram posts from the current week.
For the last year I have provided monthly features each month. After much brainstorming and determining where to take these I decided that each month we will either have a new feature or a set of monthly goals. Since this is the first month back to blogging after our renovation, I am setting some goals to get back on the blogging grind!
- 15 Minute Yoga Practice Once Daily
- Work on building stock photo library for blog
- Schedule more social media posts
- Revamp resume…it should always be up to date!
- Clean out closet of pieces I haven’t worn in years.