Mothers can be a big role model to their daughters. Growing up I always admired my mom and the woman that she is. I always loved how strong she was and how she always encouraged me to be the same. Here are 5 things I’ve learned from my mother over the years.
1. Independence. Be self-sufficient and never rely on others to do things for you.
2. Respect. You are a delicate flower but don’t let others trample all over you. Stand up for yourself.
3. Honesty. Don’t be afraid to be honest with who you are-even if it is a little weird. Everyone is a little weird.
4. Wisdom. It comes with age so be patient.
5. Love. Love with your whole heart and never settle for anyone who isn’t willing to work at it with you.
My mom is my hero. I’ve always looked up to her. She knew when she was 11 that she wanted to be a nurse and still is one today. She worked her butt off so my brother and I could go on awesome vacations and dance competitively. My mother cooked dinner almost every night after working full-time days at least 5 times a week. When my brother and I were in high school, she picked up a second nursing job on Saturday’s just to help pay for odds and ends. My mother is an amazing role model! I hope one day I can be just like her.