It’s been awhile since I have posted a “Wed Wednesday” feature on the blog and I thought since my engagement anniversary is in a few weeks I decided to write a post for all of my newly engaged friends and readers. I remember the day I got engaged like it was yesterday. I was a hysterical mess of excitement, joy, love and nerves. I also remember feeling a sudden wave of anxiety an hour after getting engaged just thinking about wedding plans/budgets/etc. I had never been engaged before nor had I planned out my dream wedding when I was little. (I was never one of those girls who had her entire wedding details laid-out by the time she was 16…) I was starting from scratch and I had no idea what to do next. My mother guided me through the first steps after getting engaged. I could tell she was beside herself with excitement for the fact that I was getting married.
So you are newly engaged. He popped the question and it was everything you expected and more. But now what…where do you go once the engagement ring is on the finger? Here are some things to do right after getting engaged:
- Call and tell your parents the great news unless they happen to watch you get engaged like mine did.
- Get your ring insured.
- Snap a picture of your new bling.
- Set a budget for your wedding and discuss what kind of wedding you want. (Large, small, local or destination.)
- Find a date or date range you want to set your wedding date. We had a few different dates set for our wedding and was able to be flexible with our venue when it came to booking.
- Buy a few wedding planning magazines and research!
- Buy a planning binder or hire a wedding planner.
Let the wedding planning madness begin! Happy planning!