“Only seek to be more of yourself.”
As I am quickly approaching my 27th birthday I thought it would be nice to share some of my personal goals for this year. I sat down to brainstorm what kind of goals I wanted to set for myself personally and decided to set an end goal: To have a happy & positive year. But what goals could I set to help me achieve this?
Wake up early: It is a well-known fact that I am NOT a morning person. I hate getting up. Period. The second my alarm goes off I am desperate for the snooze button! Yet I have stated to see that the days I get up early I have more motivation during my day. I’ve read that most successful people wake up early. So my first personal goal of 2016 is to start waking up early! But how do you get a non-morning person to get up early?
- Setting my alarm an hour earlier than usual.
- Set phone/alarm on opposite end of the room so I am forced to get out of bed to turn it off.
- NO SNOOZING! Okay this one is going to be a challenge.
Set & Write Down Daily Affirmations: When I get up early I plan on taking 2-5 minutes each day to write down a daily affirmation. It’s something I can start my day off with. Since my goal this year is a positive year, setting affirmations can be my step towards a positive outlook.
- Write down a daily affirmation in my journal. Whether it’s a sentence or just a word, something tangible to look back on as I go through my day. (Post will follow about daily affirmations.)
Avoid Procrastination, Get my passport: I’ve been avoiding this for months! With my first cruise in a few months it’s time to finally get my passport. Plus I think it’s important to have since travel can happen any time! What do I have to do to get it?
- Make an appointment at the courthouse.
- Get passport photo taken.
- Fill out application
- Get passport!
Bring Lunches to Work More: I love to eat lunches out when I am at work. I work with a great group of people who have a tendency to eat out a lot. But it can be the quickest way to spend money. One day I want to be able to buy a house which requires saving money. My goal is to eat out less and bring my lunches almost every single day to work. How will I help myself achieve this goal?
- Meal plan my weekday lunches each Sunday. (Post will follow about meal planning.)
- Move a little bit of money into savings each pay period.
Journal More: In my quest to prove my writing my next goal is to journal more. I love to write but I have let my journal habits fall to the wayside. I love sharing my thoughts, fears and ideas in something so private. I’ve read that journaling helps relieve stress and help you feel more positive and happy about life. How do I plan on keeping to this goal?
- Write each and every day. If possible in the morning or on my lunch break. Even if it’s just my daily affirmation, something written is progress.
My personal goals are easily achievable. I have to keep a routine with each of these and not let every day stresses get in the way. Waking up early will be my biggest challenge out of all of these goals but that’s why I listed it first. It’s pretty important to me to do it. I plan on sharing my progress on each of these goals as the year goes on.
Do you have any personal goals this year? Share with us so we can cheer each other on blogger to blogger style!