Long road trips can be easily enjoyable with the help of good music. I know this firsthand. For about 2 and a half years in college I commuted an hour to and from class 4 days a week. I spent a total of 8 hours driving each week. That seems insane but I made the best of it!
Each week I would create a special road trip CD with a playlist I could sing along to. It always helped the time pass much quicker plus I could rock out by myself with no one else judging my singing abilities-or lack of! Back then I would usually make my playlists up of top 40 songs or whatever band or artist I was obsessing over. I found one of those CDs the other day and I’m slightly distraught over my choice in music back then! (Lil Wayne, really?!) Now I gravitate towards oldies but classics of many different genres…except country because I am NOT a fan of country.
A few years ago, I bought the 120gb iPod Classic that I chose to load with my entire iTunes library. It’s got roughly 1,250 songs on it ranging from The Beatles to Nirvana. It’s perfect to use on long road trips when I could be driving for hours. I just shuffle all of the songs I have or chose an artist I enjoy and shuffle different CDs of theirs.
Since I am taking a mini road trip this coming weekend I thought I would share some of my favorite songs to listen to while driving. These are all songs I love to sing to, dance to or just rock out to. Some songs are popular, others aren’t. Give me a playlist of all of these songs and I am set!
- We Will Rock You – Queen
- All The Small Things- Blink 182
- Get Ur Freak On- Missy Elliot
- One Headlight- The Wallflowers
- Come Together-The Beatles
- Hey Jude-The Beatles
- Immigrant Song-Led Zepplin
- Bohemian Rhapsody- Queen
- I Love Rock & Roll-Joan Jett
- Shine-Collective Soul
- Gin & Juice- Snoop Dogg *Random I know but this song is so fun!
- Armageddon It- Def Leppard
- Tom Sawyer- Rush
- Just What I Needed- The Cars
- Shake it Off- Taylor Swift
- Ghosts n Stuff- Deadmau5
- Something From Nothing- Foo Fighters
- Shake it Out- Florence + The Machine
- I Want it That Way- Backstreet Boys
- I Write Sins Not Tragedies- Panic! At this Disco
- Back in Black- ACDC
- Panama- Van Halen
- Bad Romance- Lady Gaga
- Rocketman- Elton John
- Hometown Glory- Adele
- Take Your Mama- Scissor Sisters
Are any of these songs your favorite to sing to? Which ideal songs would you put on your road trip playlist. Share them with us!