Today I am celebrating my first blog anniversary/birthday! That’s right, a year ago today Some Shananagins began! (After much back and forth: to do it or not to do it.) It’s been a way for me to dedicate myself to my writing while creating a community of readers and followers who can relate. Every week, I post about 3 times with topics ranging from cooking/baking to everyday life in general with special topic posts each month. (Monthly Features.) Since I am celebrating a year of blogging, I thought I would share 5 of my favorite posts that I have written.
- July’s Monthly Feature: 31 Day Yoga Challenge– This one is more of a series then a post! The 31 Day Yoga Challenge was by far my favorite series to post to date. It gave me a month’s worth of quick post content which included pictures of each pose and a short description of my experience with the pose. I loved sharing this challenge with you guys plus I got a lot of motivation and feedback from followers through the process.
- A Marriage Divided…In Football: This was a fun post to write! Inspired by the #ThursdayHuddleParty that kicked off at the start of football season, I wanted to share my story about how my marriage is divided on which college football teams we like. It’s always a fun story to tell people and I figured my readers would love to hear it as well!
- 30 Years: My parents celebrated 30 years of marriage in January and I though it would be a fun idea to interview them. (My parents are hilarious!) What was going to be a sweet interview asking for advice turned into some humorous conversations about marriage, tolerating each other and how my dad proposed to my mom in her parent’s kitchen. I really enjoyed this post and interviewing my parents as someone who is newly married. I even had Judd sit with me to listen to their answers.
- 30 day Blogging Challenge in March: In March, I decided to challenge myself to 30 days of blogging. Each day was a new topic/prompt that I posted for. When I achieved 30 days of blogging, I felt like a new writer! Challenging myself to write every single day helped me come up with new and exciting blog content.
- 2nd Generation Fan: My favorite posts are the ones most personal to me and this one is a favorite for many reasons. My father motivated my classic rock music tastes early on in my childhood. This post was all about how he did it. I even featured a little bit of our Rush concert experience from their “last” show in May.
Since this month marks my first year anniversary of this blog I will be creating a game plan for its second year. It’s going to involve some design changes, topic refining and more blogging in general. Thank you guys for sticking it out with me for this first year! It’s not always easy putting yourself out there for the world to see. but I truly love doing it!
What have your favorite posts been? Any topics you would like to read about again? Share with us!