Today is my 27th birthday which prompted me to share a bucket list of some sort.This year I decided to try something a little different. A few months ago I came across a post about reverse bucket list. What is a reverse bucket list? It’s a list of things you have already accomplished. I thought it would be a really cool idea to try to blog out. So in honor of my 27th birthday here are 27 things I have accomplished in my 27 years of life:
- Ran a 5k and did not die. I plan to run another one in a few weeks at my Alma mater!)
- Been to all 4 Disney parks in Orlando.
- Attended the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade live in NYC.
- Sang Karaoke by myself. (Sang Carole King’s It’s Too Late with the help of some liquid courage.)
- Pulled an all-nighter to watch the sun rise at the beach. (Paid for it dearly sitting in a college media writing class.)
- Graduated from college…though it took 5 years!
- Made photo prints in a darkroom a feat which took hours to perfect.
- Was a Varsity Letterman for my high school’s dance team from Freshman year to Junior Year.
- Traveled by train to Washington D.C.
- Sailed a small sailboat if only for a few minutes. I was terrified and also slightly sea sick!
- Danced in Disney’s Street Parade down Main Street with my high school band.
- Did zero g’s while flying as a passenger in a small Cessna plane.
- Watched the last Space Shuttle launch 5 miles from the launch pad.
- Met and married the man of my dreams.
- Got a dog of my own. My Gus. <3
- Watched 4th of July fireworks at the Washington Monument. (May or my not have been on a Japanese tv show while watching them.)
- Learned how to drive a stick shift…still suck at it though! I had the hardest time trying to put my dad’s 1994 Ford Mustang in third gear. Stalled out many times!
- Voiced-over an advertising spot that ran on the radio. HATED hearing my voice on the radio.
- Attended the largest cocktail party that is Florida/Georgia Game day Tailgate in 2010. I don’t remember much!
- Graduated from a photography program in college. It was something I always wanted to accomplish and something my dad was very proud of me for doing.
- Had my photography exhibited in a museum.
- Learned a new language: Spanish. Can I speak it? Not very well but I did once have a conversation in Spanish with one of my customers when I worked at a grocery store.
- Got a job in my field as a media professional for an advertising agency.
- Attempted hot yoga, hated every second of it!
- Went to the top of a mountain in Palm Springs, CA via a gondola.
- Black Friday shopped at 5am…all for the sake of a crock pot that I love!
- Started a blog and never looked back!
What an amazing life it’s been! Happy to be embarking on my 27th year of life and the adventures that lie ahead!
Do you have a reverse bucket list? Share some things you have done with us!