I dread packing! I dread packing when I travel and I especially dread it when it comes to moving. It’s the worst and I am all too good at procrastinating when it comes to packing for a move. Since we will be moving into our new home in a few weeks we have started the packing process early. I have moved 4 times since college: from my college dorms to my first place with Judd then our current place. After 4 it makes you an expert though last time I did not pack anything because we waited until the last minute and I got strep throat. If you pack things efficiently it can make the moving and unpacking process a lot less painful although moving is a pain in and of itself! Here are a few tips to make the art of packing a success:
- Start packing early! If you have a full time job it can be hard to carve out time to pack.
- Pack items you don’t use often or don’t need until after the move.
- Throw out clutter you don’t really need or want to keep. Think of it as the extra stuff you don’t have to move and get rid of it!
- Pack heavier items like picture frames or dishware in smaller boxes.
- Wrap fragile items in bubble wrap and/or packaging paper.
- Pack your boxes by room: Living room items in one, kitchen items in another. Label your boxes based on the contents inside.