I am so excited to share that we have been nominated for a Liebster award! The great thing about this award is it gives bloggers a chance to share this award with other bloggers in the community. That’s right, bloggers nominate other bloggers thus creating a chain. It’s a way for up and coming bloggers to get their sites out there and seen. Plus it helps build up our blogging community. After all, we thrive by encouraging each other! Being active in the blogging community brought this opportunity to my door…or shall I say blog!
Here are the Liebster Award rules:
- You have to thank the blog that nominated you.
- You have to answer the questions asked by the blog that nominated you.
- You have to nominate other new bloggers.
- You have to set new questions for your nominees.
Thanks to Kirsty at Me, Cupcakes & Tea for the nomination. You can check out her blog here. (You totally should! It’s adorable.) She is a lifestyle blogger from South Africa sharing her personal stories and things she loves. I really admire her personal stories. It takes a lot of strength and courage to share personal stories especially to the blogging world. Kirsty you rock!
These are the questions Kirsty sent me:
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go? Australia. My dad lived in Alice Springs briefly when he was a kid and I would love to travel there and see where he lived. I would probably also go to India…mainly to study yoga.
2. Who would play you in a movie about your life? Tina Fey. I’ve been told I look like Tina Fey when my hair is curled! I feel like she would do a great job of portraying my nerdy side.
3. Describe yourself in 3 words. Dreamer | Passionate | Filter-less
4. You’re on a plane for 12 hours, who are you sitting next to? My husband who is probably trying to read or listen to music while I keep bothering him about interesting things from my magazine which is likely a Yoga Journal or Elle. (“Honey, did you know wah-wah, wah-wah wah…”)
5. Describe your blog in 3 words. Quirky | Honest | Uplifting
6. Have you ever kept a diary? Yes, I’ve had a diary since I was 12! I have about 4 of them now and am currently working on filling up a 5th one. I love to go back and read them especially the ones from high school. Oh the drama!
7. Do you still remember your first crush? Yes. I was in the 5th grade. He was our PE teacher’s son. We would sit and work on homework together in after school care. He also taught me how to play football. He was the only boy in my class who didn’t make fun of me for my size. I was pretty small back then.
8. Do you watch Reality TV? What show is your favourite? Chrisley Knows Best is my current favorite reality show! It’s about a family based in Georgia living the southern lifestyle. The dad, Todd Chrisley is pretty controlling of his kids but you know he means well! Their house is huge and beautiful and his wife has my dream kitchen. Ah, living vicariously through reality stars!
9. How do you feel about clowns? Creepy!
10. If you were in a talent contest what would your talent be? Dancing. I grew up dancing. That includes ballet, tap and jazz. I would be a little rusty now though!
11. What is your favourite mode of transport? Well, if I could teleport I totally would! I hate flying and I despise driving. I have traveled by train to Washington D.C. once and I really enjoyed it. It was a long trip but I was able to read a few books and do a lot of writing on the train. It made me feel like I was traveling the country the way they did before cars. I would also be down for space travel…particularly to the moon or mars.
My nominations for this award:
- Annie from The Nifty Cupcake. Annie is a foodie at heart! She shares recipes she makes including gorgeous photos for each one. I salivate each time she shares a new recipe. Plus she does a bit of traveling and I love that she shares her travels with her readers.
- Holly from Sneakers to Pumps. If you’re looking for a fashion blog that promotes affordable fashion look no further than Holly’s blog! I love that she features pieces that won’t break your bank and will make you look adorable.
- Jenny from Breakfast at Lilly’s. Jenny is a lifestyle blogger who shares her love of fashion all over her blog. I love her style and blog layout!
- Crystal from Fancy, Frugal + Fit. Crystal was inspired to start her blog about living a fancy but affordable lifestyle after running into a spending crisis. We’ve all been there! She also shares lots for DIY ideas.
- Ivanna from Petite Heartbeat. Ivanna’s blog is all about fitness and health. I admire how positive her posts are especially when it comes to fitness posts. She encourages her readers to be happy and healthy.
My questions for you guys:
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- What is your all-time favorite movie?
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
- What does your blog name mean?
- What is your favorite book?
- Besides blogging, what do you enjoy doing in your free time?
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- If you could have dinner with a celebrity who would it be and why?
- What is your favorite quote?
- Describe yourself in one word.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Congratulations ladies! I look forward to reading your posts. (If you chose to!) Thanks again, Kirsty for the award!